- Outdoors[vc_row css_animation="" row_type="row" use_row_as_full_screen_section="no" type="full_width" angled_section="no" text_align="left" background_image_as_pattern=
- Powell Valley Scenic Overlook
Powell Valley is a picturesque location, with an overlook accessible from the Northbound lanes of U.S. Route 23. A number of homes, farms, and a church are l
- Price House Nature Center
Operated by SEEDS - Discovery learning for everyone founded in 1995. Awareness of community and culture environment - backyard and beyond, explore our world<
- Pulaski Country Club
The 18-hole "Pulaski Country Club" course features 6,431 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 71.0 and it has
- Radford – Department of Parks and RecreationVisit one of our many city parks for a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, jogging, biking, soccer, birding, butterflying, or just relaxing and enjo
- Randolph Park
Outdoor Trails, ampitheater, sand volleyball, tennis, softball, baseball, modern playground and featuring a handicapped accessable water park. Food Ven
- Randolph Water Park
Evelyn Alexander Water Park - A modern, handicap accessible water park with slides, fountains and a lap pool.
* 8 Lane Lap Pool
* Walk in access
- Red Fox Trail
This 1.5 mile historical trail is an interpretive hike back to 1892, when a massacre at the site left five people dead at what was dubbed “the killing
- Redbud Capital of the WorldHonaker, Virginia has been designated as the "Redbud Capital of the World" by the Virginia General Assembly for their amazingly beautiful/plentiful redbud trees
- Riverbound X-Stream
At Riverbound we seek to establish and promote our water resources as quality flyfishing destinations for all those who would share our vision of unspoiled p
- Riverway TrailThe Riverway is a walking and biking trail built with support from Pathways for Radford, The City of Radford and a local Engineering Firm. The trail begins nea
- Rock Castle Gorge National Recreational Trail
This trail starts easy at the entrance to the Rocky Knob campground around milepost 167 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Then the trail descends over three miles i
- Rocky Mount Bowling Center
For a fun filled day or evening bring the family and enjoy our bowling center.
- Rt. 611 Cumberland Mountain Scenic Drive
Rt. 611 Cumberland Mountain Scenic Drive was designated in 2009 as a Virginia Scenic Byway State Rt. 611.
Beginning in Clintwood, and winding through t
- Runnett Bag Park at Philpott Lake
Runnet Bag Recreation Park is located in Franklin County, with an elevation of 994 feet, or 303 meters above sea level. This Park is also known as Rennet Bag
- Rural Retreat Lake / CampgroundThis 90-acre lake has excellent fishing. Campground has 72 wooded sites with hookups, a swimming pool, a picnic area, hiking trails and a playground.
- Ryans Branch at Philpott Lake
Ryan's Branch is located on the north side of Philpott Lake, a 3000 acre lake with 100 miles of shoreline nestled among the rolling footh
- Saint Paul Loop Trail
Located near the heart of Saint Paul, the Saint Paul Loop offers six excellent sites for wildlife watching that visitors can enjoy. It includes everything fr
- Saltville Golf Course
The 9-hole "Saltville" course at the Saltville Golf Club facility in Saltville, Virginia features 2,802 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 35.
- Saltville Wave Pool
Nicknamed "Mammoth Waves", Saltville's new wave pool, has the ability to generate ocean-like waves. The wave pool replaced a municipal swimming pool whose pr
- Scott County Park
Park includes a 9-hole golf course, pro shop, tennis and picnic shelter.
The most challenging and scenic golf course in the Mountain Empire. Ask about