The Museum is housed in the circa 1852 Christiansburg Presbyterian Church Manse. The land for the manse was donated by the Craig Family, who owned Hans Meadow a few miles away. Reverend Nicholas Chevalier is thought to have been the first resident of the house. The American and Flemish bond brickwork of the building is made with bricks fired on site. After the Civil War, the house was sold to the Pepper family, who made many additions and alterations through their long ownership. The Museum is a nonprofit organization, was chartered in 1983 for the purpose of collecting, preserving, and interpreting the history of Montgomery County, Virginia and the region. Additionally, the museum and art center promotes an understanding of the role of art and artists in the region primarily through the exhibition of the work of regional artists. The museum’s library is an archive of books, documents, genealogical information, and photographs useful to researchers.
300 Pepper St SE
Christiansburg, VA 24073