St. Clair’s Bottom Primitive Baptist Church

One of the Pre-Revolutionary churches in Southwest Virginia, organized in 1775, the present building was erected in 1851 on the site of a log meeting house deed to the congregation by Colonial Joseph Cole is is buried in the cemetery surrounding the church.

General Info

20th Century, Cemeteries, Colonial America, Historic Churches, Historic Sites, Pioneer/Rural Life