The courthouse is consructed of “Peak Creek Sandstone”. The clock and the belfry were added in 1911. The court house was originally constructed in 1896 and has been reconstructed since being destroyed by fire in December of 1989. The structure combines elements of the Richardsonian Romanesque and Queen Anne styles of architecture. Serving as the formal entrance to the building is a stone arch. This was constucted to serve as the entrance to the Pulaski County exhibit at the Jamestown Exposition in 1907. The courthouse was named to the National Register in 1981 and the public is welcome to tour the building and view the displays. Of particular interest is the local history of African Americans. Developed by Mrs. Lucy Harmon, the display profiles, among others, Mr Chauncy Harmon, an early civil rights advocate in the 1950’s.