The Former Doc Phipps House, built in 1905 where the Dickenson County Hospital once stood is home to the County Visitor Center, Tourism Department and Dickenson County Chamber of Commerce. The Visitor Center is listed as a Destination Marketing Organization on the Virginia Tourism Corporation website. Racks of brochures on Dickenson County, maps, as well as regional information are displayed at the visitor’s center. Helpful staff are onhand to give directions and answer questions a visitor to the area may have. The office of Dickenson County’s Tourism Director is located in this visitor center. We are located on Main Street in Clintwood close to the Ralph Stanley Museum. The Doc Phipps Family Museum is located inside the visitor center with displays of medical memorabilia from the old Dickenson County Hospital.