Confederate Monument

This monument was first unveiled on July 4 1907.The sculpture stands 21 feet tall and is made of cast zinc a zinc alloy-most period monuments were made of a combination bronze granite and marble. Located on the lawn of the Historic Carroll Courthouse.The monument originally stood in the middle of Main Street but was moved to its current location in 1930.The monument is a contributing object in the Hillsville Historic District of the National Register of Historic Places and is listed in the Save Our Sculptures program. The Jubal Early Camp #1691 Sons of Confederate Veterans had a campaign to help restore the monument, which had experienced heavy deterioration. This monument was restored at the Modern Art Foundry in New York New York and was re-erected on February 28 2007 and re-dedicated in April of 2007 on its 100th anniversary.