Dr. Nickerson & Betsy Snead built this beautiful Antebellum home circa 1835, however the original log portion of this historical haunted Nickerson Snead House was built in the 1700s by Francis Kincannon and used as a fort during the Revolutionary War and the French and Indian War. This magnificent home was used as a Civil War field hospital and the cellar was used as a temporary morgue. After Nickerson and Betsy Snead passed away the property was sold to the Masons who owned the Antebellum from the late 1800s until the late 1980s. It was purchased by Ricky and Ronda Caudill, who currently own it, in 2004.
The Nickerson Snead House is is open to the public to enjoy a variety of events including historical haunted tours, ParaCons, Metaphysical Conferences, Psychic Readings, craft festivals, murder mystery dinners, ladies Victorian high tea, living history, overnight paranormal investigations, and is transformed into a haunted house attraction every fall.